Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kiley

I thought this was summer! I have less time to myself than I do during the school year. I can't even keep up with email or blogging. It's the little one! I have to be on my toes all day long. Entertaining an almost 2 year old is exhausting, but I am loving it! Here's are two quick incidents this week that I thought I would share.

She wants to do everything, herself, of course. " I do it!" are her favorite words, I think. She even likes sitting on the potty alone with the door shut at times. While daddy went to check on her last night, she was sitting with a magazine all spread out pretending to read. It was priceless.

Kiley also gave us a moment of shock on father's day. She has been opening up the back door for a while now, she can get in, but not back out. Not a big deal. However, we learned that she can also turn the dead bolt lock. For about 30 seconds, JC and I were in shock when we realized that Kiley had locked us out of our house, with herself inside! Thank God, she likes to play with that lock and unlocked in a matter of seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Brandy-
    LOl- must be the age! Wes locked me out the other day, too. The only problem? I think he purposely did it so he could get something to eat! You'll have to read my blog on that! You'll get a kick out of it! Keep up the blogging! I love to read about your family!

    Hugs-
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. a solution to the getting locked out of the house is go buy a key pad for your garage door (i think you can just buy a key pad)and also hide a key in the garage just in case. i too got locked out of the house when laila was a baby stuck in the exasaucer (which btw she wasn't fond of). not a fun feeling and now that she's getting older and more curious, watch out!!! good times with the little ones.
    sarah cox

    ReplyDelete