Friday, July 31, 2009

Back to work I go

On Wednesday, I will begin a new position at my school, Math coach. I am super excited to kick off another school year. However, I am going to miss sleeping in with my daughter, seeing her smiling face all day long, hearing her sweet voice...and so much more! Even though there have been times this summer that I just want to escape from her demands and energy, I am really sad to go back to work. Much more sad this year than others. Perhaps it is her little personality or just the fact that she is growing like a weed, but what I do know is time is going by way too fast!


Last week, we managed a trip to the zoo with Courtney and Caleb. A house warming party for Jimmy and Kristen, complete with a blow up water slide that Kiley just loved. As you can see in the pictures, she dove right back in after we changed out of her bathing suit. And had a cookout with new friends that live in the neighborhood with us, The Broadnax Family. We have one last trip to Tybee Island before we (Kiley and I) return to the real world. It's been fun, but in Kiley's
words we need "to make the money"!

When I told Kiley to use the brush (on the goats), she tried to "brush" her teeth.

Caleb Gilbert and Kiley Fanning riding the train. Kiley was so scared in the train tunnel. She kept saying, "It's over! We're done!" When we tried to get off, she wanted back on!

Kiley soaked and loving it!

Daddy and Kiley had a blast!

Haley Broadnax knew the perfect way to share the 4 wheeler! Kiley loved pushing her!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new job! And as you know, before you know it, you (and Kiley) will be back into the old routine.

    ReplyDelete