Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

Kiley and Ally
I was really looking forward to having an entire week off for Thanksgiving this year.  It was going to be bittersweet... no company and no traveling.  I wanted to meet friends at the park, take Kiley out to McDonald's (one of her favorites) and just enjoy my time with both my girls.  Like usual, things did not go according to plan.  My first Sunday of vacation, Kiley began to cough (A LOT), complain of stomach aches  and spiked a fever.  After 2 days of trying to cure her ourselves, we opted for the doctor.  Kiley had her first "Flu Bug".   

While at the doctors office, I mentioned to the doctor that our nights were horrible. Kiley's coughing was keeping us up, and Ally was fussy and  not sleeping either.(With Ally, I assumed it was teething.)    Dr. Julie was quick to remember that Ally is a very happy baby and wanted to check her ears.  Sure enough!!  One ear was infected and the other had cloudy fluid on it.

My week long vacation was very busy keeping up with my needy girls. It has now been a week and Kiley is just now back to normal.   I am thankful though...thankful that we didn't travel, thankful that I WAS on vacation and able to be home with them, and mostly thankful that I am "mom"(even though it is very difficult, challenging and tiring!). 

Our family has so much to be thankful for, I am not even going to try to put it in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment