Friday, January 23, 2009

Cuts

A bit bizarre.... Earlier this month, my husband landed himself in the ER for 4 stitches in his left index finger. He was making dinner and sliced it open with a bread knife...I didn't know a bread knife could do that much damage! I was out running when this happened, with no phone. When I picked up the phone, I freaked with 10 missed calls from my hubby. I knew he was home with our daughter. Luckily, she was fine. He even wrapped up his finger, cooked her a hot dog, and waited for our neighbor, Greg, to get home from work to take him to the emergency room. (Thanks, Greg!) I arrived just in time to witness the numbing shots--Yikes!

Oddly, I ended up at the ER yesterday, with a laceration to the right index finger. I was cutting with the big paper cutter at school. I was completely finished cutting and while cleaning up my scrapes, I rubbed my finger against the exposed blade. I was driven immediately to the ER--only I got glue...no scars, no going back to get the stitches out.

I can't speak for JC, but I don't think I will be cutting any paper for awhile...and I have noticed he isn't using the "good" knives yet either....

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get that finger straightened out, it was looking a scary this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Let's hope the rest of 2009 is ER free for the entire Fanning clan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So strange! I hope this bad luck isn't coming in threes! Happy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FYI--don't try the glue! Next time, I am requesting stitches!

    ReplyDelete